Question: After I make my tea can I store it just like I would regular tea?
Answer: Magic mushroom tea can be treated like iced tea. It can be stored for a few days in the fridge, or frozen for longer storage. The addition of other ingredients like sugar may accelerate the growth of unwanted bacteria.
However, depending on how you brewed the psychedelic tea, conversion of psilocybin (the inactive ‘pro-drug’) to psilocin (the active compound) may make the potency variable. This process is slowed in the freezer, with psychedelic ice cubes maintaining potency for months.
Thanks for the question Scott!
Should I drink a bottle of shroom water I forgot about for 2 days ? The water was a dark blue initially about now it’s a light brown ? Im guessing no. It was 2.5g of dried material and like >= 5fl oz of water
Personally, I wouldn’t
Shroom definitely aren’t sterile, and there’s likely some stuff growing in there.
The colour wouldn’t be more than some random pigment degrading, not necessarily an indicator of potency.
Can I drink shroomz tea that was left out for 3 days on my kitchen counter?
A lot of active compounds like psilocybin and psilocin would have degraded due to exposure to water and oxygen. And there’s also the likelihood for significant growth of bacteria or other whatnot.
Treat psilocybin mushroom tea like normal tea – after 3 days that would be one rank cup
I want to micro dose via tea. So, if I make 1 liter with 5 grams and storage as you said. Drink about 1 cup every day, 7 days and stop. What do you think about the dose and this kind of use? How many days should it last in the fridge? How to spot if I shouldn’t use it?
Tea is not the best method for microdosing, as psilocybin is more likely to degrade in the presence of moisture rather than when it is dried. Dried and ground mushrooms are the best storage method.
With that said, if you’re intent on this method, I would make ice cubes with the tea and keep the mixture frozen until needed. This should provide convenient dosing and more stable storage.
1 liter of water + 5 grams of mushrooms = 0.005g per ml
250 ml (1 cup) @ 0.005g per ml = 1.25g
1.25g of dried mushrooms is nearly 10x what might be considered an average microdose (~0.1g) but this will vary for everyone. However, the average ice cube is ~30ml which would provide a dose of 0.15g, which may be considered an average “microdose”.
With that weight of mushrooms, you can also consider reducing the water significantly, for smaller but more potent doses.
how do i measure the mushrooms.
A scale is really the only reliable way to measure mushrooms.
An alternative is simple division, but this requires knowing the original weight of your mushrooms. Example: if you have 10g, dividing them into 2 roughly equal piles should give you about 5g each. This is a little better and consistent if the mushrooms are ground up